Account Coordinator (Columbus, OH)
The Account Coordinator (Columbus, OH – Customer On-Site) position entails working as a member of the ODW LTS Operations team directly on site at the customer location as well as the ODW Logistics warehouse location. The Account Coordinator will handle the day to day data entry roles and fleet management along with the support of the account management team. Reporting directly to the Team Lead/Account Lead, the Account Coordinator role is of supreme importance to ensure ODW LTS serves both its customers and carriers needs at high levels.
- Work within a team managing a multitude of duties specific to customer requirements and needs – Duties and roles may vary within the team from day to day
- Work directly with Customer Logistics Division on planning, routing, and order execution. Requires timely and effective communication both internal with LTS teams and directly with Customer Logistics and Supplier teams.
- Relationship management with Customer suppliers, to include new supplier set up, inbound / outbound supplier shipment management, daily shipment execution
- Dedicated Driver Management – Manage and Coordinate directly with dedicated drivers to manage inventory transfers between predetermined warehouse locations, trailer and dock door assignments, Vendor / Supplier moves, and other transportation related tasks.
- Trailer Pool management between predetermined warehouse locations. Management includes, but not limited to, acknowledging, and executing trailer moves as required, conducting daily trailer match to include location and availability, management of inventory within stored trailers
- Dock Door Checks: Walk warehouse floor to physically check dock doors for empty or loaded trailers
- Yard Checks: Driving the yard at customer location for trailer record and identification
- Trailer Checks: Opening/Closing of dropped yard trailers for loaded or empty status validation
- Assist on AP Rec process and handling AP recs
- Invoice retrieval- obtain invoices for outstanding loads that have not yet been paid
- Assist on entering NIS loads
- Updating LC address books eliminating duplicates, standardizing info
- Establishing operational manuals for various processes within the Operation
- Taking overflow customer calls if both account managers and team lead is not available
- Manage all system work, specific to ODW LTS TMS or Customer platform, to ensure real time data availability as well as any paperwork requirements that may be related to all specified tasks.
- Assist in the scheduling and tracking of customer related shipments as needed
- Establish operational manuals for various processes within the Operation Team
- Duties and Tasks to be more defined within customer specific Statement of Work
- Statement of Work and Operational Manuals to be managed within the specific Operations team
- Promote and practice of company values (Trust, Team & Opportunities) within team and company
Skills and Specifications
- Driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Ability to process, sort, and sift through large amounts of data quickly and accurately
- Strong and concise communication skills
- Ability to effectively work alone as well as a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Advanced Excel and Google Doc skills preferred
- Advanced Access skills preferred
- Must be willing to learn new skills and technology
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must have good interpersonal skills for dealing with drivers, internal customers, and external vendors
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Associate Degree (Preferred)
- 1 + Years’ Experience in Logistics Industry (Preferred)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be physically capable to walk production floor, warehouse floor, and trailer yard as part of standard duties
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Position will require the ability to operate on site at the Customer location as well as our Warehouse location. The two working locations are 545 E 5th Ave Columbus, OH 43201 and 1654 Williams Road Columbus, OH 43207 office location. If business demands any other travel between alternate locations, Management will review with the employee in advance.
- Full time position
- 42.5 hour work week, schedule listed below
- Friday/Monday: 0800-1745
- Saturday Sunday: 0630-1900
- Work schedule can be adjusted based of client demands and team alignment
- Health, dental and supplementary insurance available on first day of the month after completing 60 calendar days of service.
- 401K enrollment with company match. Available on the first day of the month after completing 90 calendar days of service.
- Salary Non-Exempt Status
ODW LTS is a third party logistics company with a focus on supply chain and transportation management. Our client base is diverse while our service offerings are broad and expanding. We work in partnership with ODW Logistics Inc., a privately held warehousing and fulfillment company with 5 million square feet of warehouse space throughout the United States. We are looking to strategically grow through addition of talented, engaging, energetic, analytical and aggressive individuals.
Since inception in 2009, LTS has been an extremely successful operation:
- 2013 Inc 500, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Inc 5000
- 2012 Fast 55 Category Winner of the $10M-$50M category of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Fast 55” Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Fast 55 Company
- NASTC’s “Best Broker Award”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 Finalist & 2015 Winner for Cincinnati’s “Best Places to Work”
- 2017, 2018 & 2020 Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Places to Work
- 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Cincy Magazine / Ohio Business Magazine Best Workplaces
- 2018 & 2020 Deloitte Top 100 Cincinnati USA Winner
Our core competency and differentiator within the industry is offering visibility within the supply chain through customizable technology and high levels of electronic and interpersonal communication. In an outsourced supply chain environment, it is the people that are the asset to the best companies. At ODW, we take every measure to make sure that we train and encourage continuous improvement that will help raise the level of service to the customer.
We attribute our success largely to our ethics and values that we hold as a company:
- We do what we say we will
- We are clear, direct and honest
- We seek to understand and be understood
- We work hard towards a common goal
- We desire to make everyone successful
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We believe all people have significance and potential
- We understand work and life are integrated and we value both
- We strive to make an impact in the world around us
ODW LTS is a rapidly growing company striving to increase market share within the supply chain and logistics industry. Our goal is to add core members that will fit well within our culture, add new elements of diversity, and help continue the foundation of a profitable and sustainable company. Whether their strength be in sales, client relations, operations, or internal efficiencies, we are eager to bring in talented individuals who will ultimately grow to be industry leaders.
If interested, please send your resume to Paige Hufford (HR Generalist).
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, success profile characteristics or qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.