Account Manager (Hamilton, OH)
The Account Manager position entails working within the ODW LTS Operations and their customers as the direct contact for all primary customer interfacing needs. Providing our external and internal customers with top tier service and communication is key to this role’s success. Interacting with external customers to not only maintain current business levels, but to grow ODW LTS’ footprint with each customer is vital to the company’s growth and sustainability.
- Manage primarily mid to low level customer accounts
- Responsible for revenue and profit of managed accounts versus forecast
- Maintain current business from accounts
- Go to Team Leader and Operations Manager for assistance when needed on all internal and external sales growth opportunities
- Ability to provide pricing to customers for all modes of transportation
- Authority to approve and accept load transactions from customers with pre-set customer pricing applied.
- Must work with sales/team leader on any high level strategic/sales items and cannot solely make these types of decisions on LTS’ behalf
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Continue to grow knowledge of all of ODW LTS’ service offerings and able to speak with a client about only the services you are knowledgeable on
- Learn and offer support roles in QBR process and other customer presentations
- Manage any minor after hours customer issues or urgent requests, both internal and customer driven that need immediate attention. Defer to Team Leader on items that may not be rectifiable due to operations or system constraints.
- Complete monthly AOP reports for managed accounts
- Communicate with team leader and sales on variances in sales, profit, number of orders, changes in customer communication
- Create and maintain Customer Profile for each managed account
- Communicate workload weekly with team leader
- Ask for assistance from team leader before putting in extra time or allowing quality of work to suffer
- If see that work will be complete for the day, ask for additional tasks. If you can foresee in advance, give plenty of notice so that you can be assigned a project with a longer horizon
- Take part in customer onboarding and ask relevant questions to customer
- Be cognizant of any risk management exposures and handle according to company policy with team leader
- Ensure completion of any A/P Rec items that are associate with managed accounts
- Prioritization of customer service levels based on severity of shipment / mode of transportation
- Get assistance from Team Leader when needed on determining most viable method of transportation for each shipment to optimize: customer satisfaction, carrier satisfaction, execution, and reduce LTS operational expense and maximize LTS profitability
- Work with management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and improve profitability
- Strive to increase knowledge in LTS’ Sales and Analytical department’s processes (e.g. Working with Team Leads on visiting customers, developing QBRs, cross-training exercises or departmental initiatives)
- Increase personal exposure to outside training, seminars and other activities to increase overall SCM industry knowledge
- Promote and practice of company values (Trust, Team & Opportunities) within team and company
Skills and Specifications
- Driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Ability to process sort and sift through large amounts of data quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Advanced Access skills preferred
- Must be willing to learn new skills and technology
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must have good interpersonal skills for dealing with internal customers
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (mandatory)
- 1 + Years’ Experience in Logistics Industry (mandatory)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Position is primarily at the Hamilton, OH office location. If business demands any travel, Management will review with the employee in advance.
- Full time position
- 42.5 hour work week (Monday – Friday only)
- Health, dental and supplementary insurance available on first day of the month after completing 60 calendar days of service.
- 401K enrollment with company match. Available on the first day of the month after completing 90 calendar days of service.
- Salary Exempt Status
ODW LTS is a third party logistics company with a focus on supply chain and transportation management. Our client base is diverse while our service offerings are broad and expanding. We work in partnership with ODW Logistics Inc., a privately held warehousing and fulfillment company with 5 million square feet of warehouse space throughout the United States. We are looking to strategically grow through addition of talented, engaging, energetic, analytical and aggressive individuals.
Since inception in 2009, LTS has been an extremely successful operation:
- 2013 Inc 500, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Inc 5000
- 2012 Fast 55 Category Winner of the $10M-$50M category of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Fast 55” Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Fast 55 Company
- NASTC’s “Best Broker Award”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 Finalist & 2015 Winner for Cincinnati’s “Best Places to Work”
- 2017, 2018, 2020 & 2021 Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Places to Work
- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Cincy Magazine / Ohio Business Magazine Best Workplaces
- 2018 & 2020 Deloitte Top 100 Cincinnati USA Winner
Our core competency and differentiator within the industry is offering visibility within the supply chain through customizable technology and high levels of electronic and interpersonal communication. In an outsourced supply chain environment, it is the people that are the asset to the best companies. At ODW, we take every measure to make sure that we train and encourage continuous improvement that will help raise the level of service to the customer.
We attribute our success largely to our ethics and values that we hold as a company:
- We do what we say we will
- We are clear, direct and honest
- We seek to understand and be understood
- We work hard towards a common goal
- We desire to make everyone successful
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We believe all people have significance and potential
- We understand work and life are integrated and we value both
- We strive to make an impact in the world around us
ODW LTS is a rapidly growing company striving to increase market share within the supply chain and logistics industry. Our goal is to add core members that will fit well within our culture, add new elements of diversity, and help continue the foundation of a profitable and sustainable company. Whether their strength be in sales, client relations, operations, or internal efficiencies, we are eager to bring in talented individuals who will ultimately grow to be industry leaders.
If interested, please send your resume to ODW LTS HR Department.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, success profile characteristics or qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.