AP - AR Specialist
The Accounting AP – AR Specialist position entails working within the ODW LTS Hamilton, OH Office Operation as the direct support role on a variety of tasks. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be a part of our growing company and that can play a vital role in supporting our Account Management Operational team as part of our Accounting Department.
- Overall ownership of the daily management and execution of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Reconciliations (AP Rec and AR Rec)
- Work congruently with the Account Management team on understanding specific client requirements and AP / AR Rules as they relate to this process
- Have a working understanding of LTL Contracts and the application of discounts against base rates.
- Ability to effectively communicate AP / AR Rec issues that are outside of compliance to the LTS Account Management team or LTS Contract Management team.
- Take the lead, or assist the LTS Account Management team, in addressing disputes and contract errors with the carriers directly.
- Identify root cause issues specific to Carrier or LTS Contract errors with the intent of correcting the reoccurring issues directly with the Carrier or Contract team to mitigate future occurrences.
- Directly manage the cadence for follow up on any pending contract corrections or disputes.
- Identify areas of improvement within the overall process to include, but not limited to, LTS Link enhancements and Auto AP / AR Rules management,
- Fully understand the financial impacts associated with the AP and AR Rec processes with the intent on improving overall cash flow while identifying potential areas of financial leakage
- Effectively manage the AP / AR Rec within the standard established timeline set forth for acknowledged, in progress, and dispute.
- Accrual Calls – Assist with invoice retrieval from carriers
- Data entry through TMS (Transportation Management System) and other Information Systems
- Billing assistance on any A/R or A/P items
Skills and Specifications
- Driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Ability to process sort and sift through large amounts of data / invoices quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel primarily)
- Must be willing to learn new skills and technology
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must have good interpersonal skills for dealing with internal customers
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma (mandatory)
- Associates or bachelor’s degree (optional)
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting related field is preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Position is primarily at the Hamilton, OH office location. If business demands any travel, Management will review with the employee in advance.
- Full time position
- 40-hour work week (Monday – Friday only)
- Health, dental and supplementary insurance available on first day of the following month after date of hire.
- 401K enrollment with company match. Available on the first day of the month after completing 90 calendar days of service.
- Salary Non-Exempt Status
ODW LTS is a third-party logistics company with a focus on supply chain and transportation management. Our client base is diverse while our service offerings are broad and expanding. We work in partnership with ODW Logistics Inc., a privately held warehousing and fulfillment company with 5 million square feet of warehouse space throughout the United States. We are looking to strategically grow through addition of talented, engaging, energetic, analytical and aggressive individuals.
Since inception in 2009, LTS has been an extremely successful operation:
- 2013 Inc 500
- 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Inc 5000
- 2012 Fast 55 Category Winner of the $10M-$50M category of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Fast 55” Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Fast 55 Company
- NASTC’s “Best Broker Award”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 Finalist & 2015 Winner for Cincinnati’s “Best Places to Work”
- 2017, 2018, 2020 & 2021 Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Places to Work
- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Cincy Magazine / Ohio Business Magazine Best Workplaces
- 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Deloitte Top 100 Cincinnati USA Winner
Our core competency and differentiator within the industry is offering visibility within the supply chain through customizable technology and high levels of electronic and interpersonal communication. In an outsourced supply chain environment, it is the people that are the asset to the best companies. At ODW, we take every measure to make sure that we train and encourage continuous improvement that will help raise the level of service to the customer.
We attribute our success largely to our ethics and values that we hold as a company:
- We do what we say we will
- We are clear, direct and honest
- We seek to understand and be understood
- We work hard towards a common goal
- We desire to make everyone successful
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We believe all people have significance and potential
- We understand work and life are integrated and we value both
- We strive to make an impact in the world around us
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We cannot control events, but we can control our responses
- We build respect through honesty, fairness, and integrity
ODW LTS is a rapidly growing company striving to increase market share within the supply chain and logistics industry. Our goal is to add core members that will fit well within our culture, add new elements of diversity, and help continue the foundation of a profitable and sustainable company. Whether their strength be in sales, client relations, operations, or internal efficiencies, we are eager to bring in talented individuals who will ultimately grow to be industry leaders.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, success profile characteristics or qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.