Applications Development Manager
ODW Logistics is a top 50 Nationwide third-party logistics provider.
ODW Logistics is a passionate group of team members who are committed to the growth of our company while living our core values of Respect, Trust, Team, Opportunity.
The Application Development Manager position’s primary responsibility will be to own all aspects of the ODW Körber (HighJump) Warehouse Management platform. This role oversees a team that will build out new solutions and maintain, support and enhance existing solutions for the warehouse operations teams who service our customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the development of projects to ensure they meet the company’s business requirements and goals.
- Assists and coordinates with quality assurance, define and enforce standards, streamline processes, identify and employ innovative solutions and coordinate with business partners.
- Articulates problems and solutions to both internal and external customers.
- Creates quality standards and metrics and establish measurable criteria to hit milestones and checkpoints.
- Builds and leads a team to successfully complete projects on time and within budget.
- Performs other non-essential duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent, preferably in the field in Computer Science, MIS, IS/IT, or related field.
- 3 + years of management experience.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience and a track record of delivering results.
- Significant experience in a warehouse setting, either directly or through an IT support role. Familiarity with basic warehouse functions such as receiving, picking, packing, shipping, etc. and how those functions are supported systemically.
- Experience with a warehouse management system (WMS), ideally, but not limited to, Körber (HighJump).
- Working knowledge of IT concepts as it relates to requirements gathering, design, development, code review, unit testing, integration testing and deployment.
- Must be able to lead a geographically diverse team of between 4 to 12 internal and contract associates.
- Experience supporting a 24x7 operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate team members and lead by example.
- Excellent Medical Package-Health
- Competitive Pay.
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid weekly by direct deposit
- Paid company discount program.
- Company Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus
ODW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.