Chief Human Resources Officer
ODW Logistics, a Top 50 Third Party Logistics provider, is Now Hiring for Chief Human Resources Officer(CHRO). ODW Logistics has strong company values of Respect-Trust-Team-Opportunity. We are a passionate group of team members who are dedicated to the growth of our company and living out our core values.
Chief Human Resources Officer is responsible for overall leadership and direct supervision of the human resources team and the organization’s policies and procedures as they relate to human capital.
The individual will be a visible advocate for the hourly workforce ensuring ODW remains an employer of choice.
This position provides advice and counsel to senior leadership and business
managers and is a member of the Executive Committee.
Chief Human Resources Officer is responsible for designing and directing human resource strategy, including but not limited to compensation and benefits, performance management,
hourly and salaried recruitment and retention, performance management, and talent
management and succession planning. While responsible for the human resource
discipline, Will work with other Executive Team Committee members, will be accountable for overall success of the Company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- Lead, together with all members of the Executive Team, assigned responsibilities
- following SCOPE operating culture (Safety, Customers, Operations, People,
- Execution) consistent with ODW Corporate Values: Respect, Trust, Team and
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Executive Leadership Team to
- help ODW set and meet corporate goals including the design of the strategy
- ODW will use to rapidly grow the company.
- Develop, recommend and implement the business growth strategy for the Human
- Resources Department to include growth in the contract logistics, transportation
- services and logistics staffing services.
- Provide Human Resource leadership for ODW Logistics, Inc. and its affiliates in
- the areas of strategy, workforce planning, talent acquisition, training, career
- development, organization design, performance management, compensation and
- change management.
- Lead strategic projects for the company as identified and assigned.
- Human Resources Strategy
- Lead HR Team to support all ODW campuses, facilities and offices to
- successfully and profitably deliver excellent logistics services to our customers.
- Ensure HR team is visible and relationally connected to ODW associates in all
- operations across all shifts. Listen, respond, advocate for ODW associates.
- Lead HR Team to uphold ODW culture as the key differentiator and value proposition the marketplace and position the organization for long-term success
- by helping build a high-performance workplace.
Human Resources Objectives:
- Maintain regulatory compliance with all HR related laws, statues and policies.
- Improve utilization of HRIS to create efficiencies and improve metrics reporting.
- Evaluate associate retention and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Evaluate ODW compensation plan for effectiveness and consistency. Ensure
- plan is competitive, aligns with corporate strategy and is consistently maintained
- and implemented. Develop incentive programs as needed.
- Develop and implement an associate onboarding and training program for new
- Enhance the Performance Evaluation process and develop a Career Path
- Progression that includes assessment, performance evaluation, training,
- compensation, development and career path. Evaluate all components of this
- program and make recommendations for improvement.
- Drive Wellness behavior efforts to improve the physical health of the company
- associates and keep health insurance costs competitive.
Human Resources Support Function Objectives:
- Actively support ODW’s Safety values, policies and procedures. Participate in
- Safety team meetings and drive safe behavior as a condition of employment.
- Develop, analyze, monitor and report HR metrics that enables good decision
- making and measures the success of the HR strategy to the organization.
- Ensure all departments are consistently applying HR policies and procedures
- throughout the organization and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Make regularly scheduled visits to ODW facilities to carry out HR duties.
- Make unscheduled visits to ODW facilities in the event of urgent response
- requirements as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with key vendors and
- partners supporting ODW.
- Assist in customer acquisition and customer start up activities as required.
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement throughout the
- Drive process improvements efforts focused on containing and reducing costs,
- improving productivity, establishing best practices, eliminating waste, leveraging
- economies of scale and implementing technology to gain efficiency.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls Human Resource activities and
- work functions for ODW or other strategic initiatives as assigned.
- Establish performance objectives and conduct performance evaluations for all
- direct reports. Ensure performance evaluations are completed by direct reports.
- Train and develop direct reports and other members of the ODW team as
- appropriate to meet performance objectives and achieve professional
- development goals.
- Lead and support special projects from time to time as requested.
- Represent ODW in the community through active involvement in civic
- organizations consistent with ODW’s values and culture as requested.
- Participate in trade and professional organizations as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field; Masters preferred
- 10+ years demonstrated HR management experience, particularly with large/complex employers
- Relevant experience supporting a warehousing, distribution and transportation workforce (or similar demographic) Required Skills/Abilities
- Expert knowledge with performance management and succession planning
- Demonstrated business consulting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and client personnel
- Experience with hiring a large seasonal workforce with minimal forewarning
- Experience with leading HR initiatives and teams at remote sites
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence senior management on organizational development and talent management
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy to develop plans
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking skills with sound judgment
- Ability to be a strong team player
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong understanding of human resource law and regulation
ODW Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Matching 401k, paid holidays and vacations