Director of Operations
ODW Logistics is a top 50 Nationwide third-party logistics provider.
ODW Logistics is a passionate group of team members who are committed to the growth of our company while living our core values of Respect, Trust, Team, Opportunity.
Our growth is fueled by our extraordinary people delivering the difference to our customers every day.
The Director of Operations position owns the responsibility for the overseeing the day to day operations serving a multi-disciplined customer base. This position includes management of P & L, customer relations, staff development, and operational oversight.
- Creates, influences, and coordinates strategic policies and procedures to address customer issues and company financial objectives.
- Provides and implements continuous improvement & cost leadership strategies to Operations Managers.
- Holds accountability for P & L performance in conjunction with Operations Mgrs.
- Ensures operations are compliant with all U.S. Customs Border Patrol Regulations (UCBP).
- Creates strategic short & long-term planning for resource requirements.
- Maximizes safety, service, quality, and productivity throughout operations by utilizing best practice techniques in the areas of facilities layout, methods, material handling concepts, and measurements.
- Provides Senior Management with data and recommendations to make effective decisions regarding the optimum utilization of people, materials, equipment, facilities, and resources.
- Assists Business Development process in RFP responses, including solution concepts and design.
- Establishes and implements operational procedures for all distribution activities for start-up operations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must have previous Management experience for a Third Party Logistics Provider.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering.
- 10 years of previous Management experience.
- Understanding of manufacturing material flow required.
- Prior P & L responsibility for a large operation.
- Prior planning experience including budgets, manning, equipment, and facilities.
- Warehouse Management System experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, teammates, and prospective customers.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Strong project management and analytical abilities coupled with superior team building skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize objectives.
- Experience with multi-shift operations.
- People Focused: Recognize that having great people is the ultimate competitive advantage.
- Customer Driven: Deliver the optimal customer experience (internal and external).
- Business Acumen: Learn and apply position expertise and industry knowledge.
- Results Driven: Show personal desire, energy and focus to succeed against high standards.
- Innovative: Think differently and be innovative for better business results.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Matching 401k, bonus, paid holidays and vacations