Director of Sales (Transportation)
The Director of Sales is primarily responsible for prospecting, soliciting and cultivating new leads and opportunities. Ultimately, the role is expected to work in tandem with our solutions team to deliver sales opportunities into realized revenue in our business operations. The Director of Business Development holds responsibility for understanding the industry and the company’s position in the marketplace, for uncovering potential new clients to secure new business. In addition, the Director of Business Development builds and maintains strong customer relationships by understanding the customers’ changing needs, generating proposals, and monitoring profitability.
- Hunt for new business leads, develops targeted listings and networks to develop report with supply chain professionals.
- Leverage networking, personal contacts and connections, internal lead sources, marketing, and other means of generating quality leads.
- Gather and analyze a wide variety of data and information to prepare and periodically revise or update comprehensive marketing and/or sales plans and activities.
- Develop and maintain continuing business relationships with present clients, prospective clients, and the general public to support and enhance the promotion of the company with their reputation as superior service providers.
- Handle leads forwarded by Marketing or other sales team members.
- Respond to quote requests through the internet/website.
- Prepare proposals or forward information to other sales team members for follow-up
- Prepare proposals and follow-up on all prospective customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage the maintenance of existing CRM (Hubspot) databases to track leads, contacts, opportunities, proposals, sales activity, report design and troubleshooting.
- Manage and develop reports for executive leadership and the Sales & Marketing department utilizing the information maintained within the CRM database, email communications and other available tools
- Manage transition of accounts from sales to the operations and/or implementation project team - start up process.
- Provide accurate and timely information to operational staff regarding new business.
- Provide ongoing communication with transportation, warehousing and value added groups to maintain high quality service (i.e. opportunity pipeline)
- Increase business from our existing customers by developing and maintaining relationships and through specific programs including quarterly business reviews.
- Participate in regularly scheduled corporate meetings.
- Assist the VP of sales with the development and monitoring of budgets, revenue projections and rate analysis.
- Promotes the organizational values.
Skills and Specifications
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications), data entry, and web-based application experience.
- Graphic design and sales material preparation background. (Preferred)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field. (Required)
- Previous Third Party Logistics Sales experience selling dedicated transportation.
- 7-10 years of Supply chain experience
- 3 years of experience in sales and marketing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- This job description in no way states or implies the duties listed above are the only duties to be performed by the associate incumbent in this position. Associate will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- Position is located at our Columbus, OH office location. If business demands any travel, Director of Sales will work with the Vice President – Sales to coordinate.
- Travel could be between 15% - 40% of time per week based on business opportunities.
- Full time position
- 42.5 hour work week (Monday – Friday only)
- Health, dental and supplementary insurance available on first day of the month after completing 60 calendar days of service.
- 401K enrollment with company match. Available on the first day of the month after completing 90 calendar days of service.
- Salary Exempt Status
ODW LTS is a third party logistics company with a focus on supply chain and transportation management. Our client base is diverse while our service offerings are broad and expanding. We work in partnership with ODW Logistics Inc., a privately held warehousing and fulfillment company with 5 million square feet of warehouse space throughout the United States. We are looking to strategically grow through addition of talented, engaging, energetic, analytical and aggressive individuals.
Since inception in 2009, LTS has been an extremely successful operation:
- 2013 Inc 500, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Inc 5000
- 2012 Fast 55 Category Winner of the $10M-$50M category of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Fast 55” Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Fast 55 Company
- NASTC’s “Best Broker Award”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 Finalist & 2015 Winner for Cincinnati’s “Best Places to Work”
- 2017, 2018 & 2020 Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Places to Work
- 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Cincy Magazine / Ohio Business Magazine Best Workplaces
- 2018 & 2020 Deloitte Top 100 Cincinnati USA Winner
Our core competency and differentiator within the industry is offering visibility within the supply chain through customizable technology and high levels of electronic and interpersonal communication. In an outsourced supply chain environment, it is the people that are the asset to the best companies. At ODW, we take every measure to make sure that we train and encourage continuous improvement that will help raise the level of service to the customer.
We attribute our success largely to our ethics and values that we hold as a company:
- We do what we say we will
- We are clear, direct and honest
- We seek to understand and be understood
- We work hard towards a common goal
- We desire to make everyone successful
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We believe all people have significance and potential
- We understand work and life are integrated and we value both
- We strive to make an impact in the world around us
ODW LTS is a rapidly growing company striving to increase market share within the supply chain and logistics industry. Our goal is to add core members that will fit well within our culture, add new elements of diversity, and help continue the foundation of a profitable and sustainable company. Whether their strength be in sales, client relations, operations, or internal efficiencies, we are eager to bring in talented individuals who will ultimately grow to be industry leaders.
If interested, please send your resume to Brian Woods (Vice President HR & Risk Management).