The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading and developing a team of professionals as they support the start-up of new operations, as well as the continuous improvement exercises of on-going operations. This position will lead the development of programs to improve productivity, capacity, processes, people, systems, reporting and sustainability within the network.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Promotes the organizational values of Trust, Team and Opportunity and the operating philosophy of SCOPE.
2. Maximizes safety, service, quality, and productivity throughout operations by utilizing best practice techniques in the areas of facilities layout, methods, material handling concepts, and measurements. Takes operational performance personally.
3. Leads the evaluation of current processes to identify, recommend and implement improvement opportunities in work methods, procedures, systems or equipment to increase throughput, waste reduction and/or quality
4. Effectively prioritizes improvement opportunities across operating locations, working with senior leadership to achieve targets
5. Works with all levels of operations to ensure process changes are successfully implemented and maintained
6. Ability to oversee, provide guidance, personally execute, and analyze complex analytics as it relates to warehouse operations and supply chain
7. Tests new equipment, software and processes to ensure it meets stated goals.
8. Ensures project deliverables meet budget and time constraints
9. Represents the department as a subject matter expert on processes, products, equipment, and procedures to internal and external partners
10. Develops and implements both short & long-term strategies and plans that are consistent with the goals and objectives of the company
11. Assist Business Development process in RFP responses, including solution concepts and design.
12. Identifies the Key Performance Indicators, (KPI’s) and apply systems and controls to monitor those characteristics
13. Partners with the IT and Supply Chain Systems Teams to improve the current warehouse tools.
14. Facilitate the sharing of best practices throughout ODW.
15. Hire, train, develop, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
16. Sets goals, monitors work, and evaluates results to ensure organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
17. Conducts performance reviews, including formal corrective action to ensure an environment of accountability and recognition
18. Develops and maintains budgets as required
19. Relentlessly develop knowledge of new technologies and innovation in the 3PL industry.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• 7+ years of experience in an Operating, Continuous Improvement, or Supply Chain Engineering role.
• A degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related operations discipline is preferred.
• Strong proficiency in continuous improvement methodologies, tools and techniques
• High energy level with a strong process orientation and a track record of driving improvement
• Must be comfortable collecting, organizing and interpreting data
• Passion for coaching, teaching and leading teams through change
• Strong natural curiosity and the ability to evaluate situations from multiple perspectives
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, teammates, and prospective customers.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office Suite products and logistics and supply chain execution systems (WMS, TMS, etc.)
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
• Must be able to assume leadership role in a fast paced, team-oriented environment dedicated to delighting the customer and achievement of safety, quality and productivity goals in a time sensitive environment.
• Prior planning experience including budgets, staffing, equipment, and facilities.
• Thorough understanding of the 3PL industry.
• Must be "hands-on" and able to handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Bonus, Matching 401k, paid holidays and vacations