Front-End Software Engineer
Are you ready to join a dynamic team and be an immediate impact player? We are a high performing, technology forward team, focused on solving engaging problems and delivering value and efficiencies to our customer’s supply chain. This role will be a key member of the development team and will be a primary contributor to our web portal platform. As a front-end engineer you be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining web applications as well as contributing to supporting systems.
- Design solutions that are efficient, effective and coherent to the existing architecture and design
- Work within a pre-existing code base to maintain and develop new features in existing applications
- Develop using Angular 2+ and typescript implementing web applications that adhere to the structure and design paradigm of the angular framework
- Develop with object-oriented design in mind
- Consume and contribute to the development and maintenance of Web Services
- Develop responsive web UIs with a strong sense of design and consistency
- Gather requirements, design, and implement applications
- Work and communicate effectively in a fast paced, demand driven environment
- Promote and practice of company values (Trust, Team & Opportunities) within team and company
- Strong understanding of responsive designs and development practices
- Degree in Computer Science (Related Field) or Equivalent Professional Experience
- Experience implementing and interfacing to web services (i.e. REST/SOAP)
- Experience using Git or other version control systems
- Experience with implementing user interfaces and providing an optimal user experience
- Strong grasp of design principles and visual layout
Nice to Have
- Experience with MSSQL or MySql or other relational databases
- Logistics and transportation experience
- Experience in writing technical documentation
- Agile/Scrum Experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Position is primarily at the Hamilton, OH office location. If business demands any travel, Management will review with the employee in advance.
- Full time position
- 40 hour work week with flexible schedule (Monday – Friday only)
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Health, dental and supplementary insurance available on first day of the month after completing 60 calendar days of service.
- 401K enrollment with company match. Available on the first day of the month after completing 90 calendar days of service.
ODW Logistics is a third party logistics company with a focus on supply chain and transportation management. Our client base is diverse while our service offerings are broad and expanding. We work in partnership with ODW Logistics Inc., a privately held warehousing and fulfillment company with 5 million square feet of warehouse space throughout the United States. We are looking to strategically grow through addition of talented, engaging, energetic, analytical and aggressive individuals.
Since inception in 2009, LTS has been an extremely successful operation:
- 2013 Inc 500, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Inc 5000
- 2012 Fast 55 Category Winner of the $10M-$50M category of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Fast 55” Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Fast 55 Company
- NASTC’s “Best Broker Award”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 Finalist & 2015 Winner for Cincinnati’s “Best Places to Work”
- 2017 & 2018 Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Places to Work
- 2017, 2018 & 2019 Cincy Magazine / Ohio Business Magazine Best Workplaces
- 2018 Deloitte Top 100 Cincinnati USA Winner
Our core competency and differentiator within the industry is offering visibility within the supply chain through customized technology and high levels of electronic and interpersonal communication. In an outsourced supply chain environment, it is the people that are the asset to the best companies. At ODW, we take every measure to make sure that we train and encourage continuous improvement that will help raise the level of service to the customer.
We attribute our success largely to our ethics and values that we hold as a company:
- We do what we say we will
- We are clear, direct and honest
- We seek to understand and be understood
- We work hard towards a common goal
- We desire to make everyone successful
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We believe all people have significance and potential
- We understand work and life are integrated and we value both
- We strive to make an impact in the world around us
ODW is a rapidly growing company striving to increase market share within the supply chain and logistics industry. Our goal is to add core members that will fit well within our culture, add new elements of diversity, and help continue the foundation of a profitable and sustainable company. Whether their strength be in sales, client relations, operations, or internal efficiencies, we are eager to bring in talented individuals who will ultimately grow to be industry leaders.
If interested, please send your resume to Paige Hufford (HR Generalist).
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, success profile characteristics or qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.