High Jump Developer
ODW Logistics is a Top 50 Third Party Logistics provider. ODW Logistics has strong Company values as Trust-Team- Opportunity.
We are continuing to grow the IT and applications department Our development is done across all aspects of our operation from WMS, E-Commerce, Shipping & Logistics. This role will work directly on all projects from architecture, data and front-end implementation.
• Software development in MS SQL Server for Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) – High Jump.
• Conduct complex queries in WMS using SQL.
• Verify coding by performing unit testing and trial runs.
• Meet programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identify work process improvements and implement new technology.
• Prepare program specifications based on documented business requirements.
• Develop code enhancements within the HighJump application to meet client’s needs that the application does not meet right out of the box. • Follow company standards. • Will need to work in a fast paced agile environment.
- Develop performant, scalable, and secure software solutions that meet business requirements
- Document code customization in compliance with established standards and practices
- Manage deadlines by balancing deliverables from multiple projects, production support, and system administration tasks
- Perform upgrades and migrations of the enterprise applications
- Partner with DBAs, Infrastructure Engineers, and DevOps to monitor, tune, and improve system performance
- Resolve issues impacting our business teams
- Provide training to Business Analysts/Subject Matter Experts as needed
- Suggest / Define test cases for solutions, and assist QA Analysts as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent fields
- Experience with relational databases such as MS SQL / Oracle / PostgreSQL
- Strong communication and analytical skills with the ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment and deliver quality results on time
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Previous experience with HighJump
- Experience with Supply Chain Execution software
- 3+ years of development experience with enterprise applications
- 3+ years of T-SQL experience
- Bachelor Degree in IT, similar field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of supply chain and 3rd party logistics, preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Warehouse Management Systems (ideally Highjump), preferred
- Matching 401K
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance