ODW Logistics is a top 50 Family owned Logistic provider since 1971. Our Values at ODW Logistics our Trust,Team and Opportunity.
The HR Coordinator collaborates with the HR partners across the regions and administers leave of absence, unemployment, and workers’ compensation in accordance with HR policies, state and federal laws. This position acts as a liaison between associates and 3rd party vendors and is responsible for reviewing and responding within pre-determined time limits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Leave of Absence
- Partner with the 3rd party FMLA & LOA Administrator.
- Manage time keeping for LOA associates in the Kronos payroll system.
- Communicate with HR team and leaders the status of associates’ leave of absences.
- Process internal Personal Leave of Absence requests.
- Partner with the 3rd party Workers’ Compensation Administrator.
- Partner with Safety Director, Risk Manager and HR team to administer all necessary steps to process claims effectively and timely manner.
- Continuous communication with associates regarding injury claims.
- Provide reporting on lost time, return to work days and other necessary data.
- Have knowledge of BWC claims process and provide input for improvement.
- Partner with the 3rd party Unemployment Administrator.
- Process and administer unemployment claims.
- Validate eligibility and accuracy of claims.
- File written appeals to 3rd party Administrator.
- Assist HR team with Open Enrollment.
- Assist with basic HRIS requests such as resetting passwords.
- Cross train responsibilities with the Compensation and Benefits Specialist.
- Assist with answering phones.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates and vendors.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and investigative skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Must practice confidentiality as required.
- 2 + years of Human Resources experience with processing leave of absence, worker’s compensation and unemployment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Human Resources or related fields.
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation and unemployment in Ohio and California.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- General office working conditions
- Physical conditions: Frequent walking: Even/Uneven Surfaces
- Environment: Extreme temperature outside (hot /cold); Internal: temperature controlled environment
- People Focused: Recognize that having great people is the ultimate competitive advantage.
- Customer Driven: Deliver the optimal customer experience (internal and external).
- Business Acumen: Learn and apply position expertise and industry knowledge.
- Results Driven: Show personal desire, energy and focus to succeed against high standards.
- Innovative: Think differently and be innovative for better business results.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Matching 401k