Human Resources Business Partner
This position assures that leaders and associates follow and are guided by ODW values, applicable laws, regulations and standards, documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site or region).
- Promotes the organizational values of Trust Team Opportunity and the operating philosophy of Safety Customers Operations People Execution (SCOPE).
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and reports safety questions/concerns.
- Promotes safety as a business value vs. business priority, through training, focusing, and informing others about company safety practices and procedures.
- Supports site quality management system.
- Partners with leaders on workforce planning and create plans with leaders to develop employees, manage talent, and meet succession planning needs
- Ensures effective recruitment, screening, selection and retention of employees using practices consistent with company policies and legal requirements
- Conducts interviews, recommend candidates and consult with hiring mangers
- Tracks status of open requisitions and ensure roles are filled within established timelines
- Recommends actions to address issues identified through exit interviews
- Counsels associates and leaders to resolve issues such as policy and procedure interpretation, performance expectations, absenteeism, discipline and workplace harassment
- Ensures investigations are conducted when needed and recommend corrective actions
- Remains current on employment and other laws related to HR
- Collaborates with external agencies (including government) as required
- Analyzes associate relations trends and metrics to implement programs to maintain a productive work environment
- Advise leaders and functions to ensure employees receive timely and clear communications about business performance, key initiatives and changes in the organization
- Delivers site/functional communications in accordance with Group/divisional/functional communication strategies.
- Collects and analyze feedback from communications and develops recommended actions.
- Works with leaders and associates to communicate and implement compensation, benefits, talent development, succession, performance management, and other associate programs
- Educates managers about the philosophy, tactics and timing of the various programs and their related systems
- Ensures programs are executed accurately, on time and achieve the goals set for the programs
- Supports associate development activities and drive a culture of development
- Coaches and mentors leaders on talent development tools and counsel on available programs
- Helps Leaders develop talent plans and hold leaders accountable for implementing plans
- Provides consultation, resources and training assistance to leaders to assess and address ongoing training and development needs
- Manages designed sites and/or cross-functional projects to make sure they are delivered effectively, on time and within budget
- Provides audit support as required by the organization
- Responsible for implementation, monitoring, and management of Labor Standards Assurance
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a Human Resources Manager
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), (Preferred)
- Prior 3PL, logistics, or supply chain management experience (Preferred)
*Any combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Matching 401k