The Infrastructure Analyst will work closely with the Sr. Infrastructure Engineer to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by assisting in monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked hardware, software and associated operating systems. The Infrastructure analyst will apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems / infrastructure investments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain, monitor and test various applications & systems to ensure application and hardware uptime.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science OR Software Engineering
- Experience with implementation, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards, including Cisco, VOIP, IPv4/6 etc.
- Experience with core software applications, including VMWare, Windows Server, SQL, Solarwinds or similar monitoring software.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows, Linux, OS/400.
- Competence with testing, flowchart, and data mapping tools and procedures, including.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- The position requires sitting at a computer and typing constantly.
- Standing, walking, bending, squatting/kneeling, twisting/turning, climbing, reaching will occur occasionally.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- People Focused: Recognize that having great people is the ultimate competitive advantage.
- Customer Driven: Deliver the optimal customer experience (internal and external).
- Business Acumen: Learn and apply position expertise and industry knowledge.
- Results Driven: Show personal desire, energy and focus to succeed against high standards.
- Innovative: Think differently and be innovative for better business results.
- Bachelor Degree in IT, similar field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of supply chain and 3rd party logistics, preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Warehouse Management Systems (ideally Highjump), preferred
- Matching 401K
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance