The Infrastructure Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient
operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational
functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all
networked hardware, software and associated operating systems. The Senior
Infrastructure Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problemsolving
skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the
benefit of IT systems / infrastructure investments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
1. Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of
software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
2. Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define
business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business
3. Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications,
software, and operating systems.
4. Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to
aid management in making implementation decisions.
5. Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify
recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
6. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure
system-related products and services.
7. Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and
implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
8. Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and
other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery.
9. Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their
associated software into enterprise systems.
10. Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other
11. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration,
mapping, processes, and service records.
12. Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
13. Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified
and new systems.
14. Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance
statistics and reports.
15. Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science OR Software Engineering and 10 to 15
years equivalent work experience.
Proven experience with systems planning, implementation, security principles,
and general software management best practices.
Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet
standards, including Cisco, VOIP, IPv4/6 etc.
Extensive experience with core software applications, including VMWare,
Windows Server, SQL, Solarwinds or similar monitoring software.
Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft,
Competence with testing, flowchart, and data mapping tools and procedures,
Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The position requires sitting at a computer and typing constantly.
Standing, walking, bending, squatting/kneeling, twisting/turning, climbing,
reaching will occur occasionally.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
People Focused: Recognize that having great people is the ultimate competitive
Customer Driven: Deliver the optimal customer experience (internal and
Our company is equal opportunity employer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Matching 401k, paid holidays and vacations