The Inventory Manager position must possess an in depth knowledge of operations, including experience with high transaction operations and inventory management, with an emphasis on customer service. This “hands on” position holds responsibility for inventory management including accuracy, slotting, cycle count and physical inventory programs, and reporting/business measurements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supports site quality management system
- In addition to the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the Inventory Specialist, the Inventory Manager performs the following:
- Develops and implements purchasing and inventory control procedures and sequence of operations within department to optimize workflow
- With customers, reviews market, price, delivery conditions, and trends to determine present and future material availability. Directs inventory programs accordingly.
- Oversees disposal of surplus material or scrap products.
- Monitors order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy and customer contracts.
- Reviews weekly inventory trends and discusses variations with appropriate staff members and customer.
- Deals with supplier when serious variations arise in delivery, quality, price, or conditions.
- Trains new staff members, and supervises and conducts performance appraisals of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics. (Required)
- 3 yrs. Inventory management leadership experience in an order fulfillment (pick, pack, and ship) environment, with a SKU base of over 5,000 SKU’s. (Required)
- Strong background with WMS (Required).
- Prior experience with web-based B2C, B2B, and B2DC fulfillment, including an in depth knowledge of parcel shipping requirements and programs. (Preferred)
- Experience in managing seasonal/promotional volume swings, from both an operational and staffing perspective.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Ability to drive change.
- Previous experience with AS400.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership to develop, coach, and mentor direct reports toward individual growth and performance excellence.
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with superior team building skills.
- Experience with multi-shift operations.
- Effective decision making ability in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to “stay ahead of the curve” by finding new and innovative ways to satisfy the customer and improve inventory accuracy and customer experience.
- Must possess a high energy level and the drive to implement change.
- Must be "hands on", able to handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines, while maintaining high visibility in operations.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- General office working conditions.
- Physical conditions: Frequent walking: Even/Uneven Surfaces; stairs.
- Environment: Extreme temperature outside (hot /cold); Internal: temperature controlled environment