IT Project Manager
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of project management. In this role, the IT Project Manager will be expected to interact and contribute at a technical level and be responsible for leading and supporting project planning and execution of IT related projects; from requirements gathering through implementation.
- Manage technology projects while fostering business relationships
- Act as liaison between IT and Business in regard to project related activities
- Understand the business drivers and requirements of projects, develop plans, and manage all major aspects of project execution
- Establish and implement project management lifecycle processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet internal and external customer needs
- Monitor and communicate the progress of project delivery and ensure timely and effective communication of project status in terms of cost, forecast, schedule, and assessment of risks/issues
- Working closely with team members and other leaders, ensuring that projects are prioritized and executed on time, scope, and budget
Skills and Specifications Preferred
- Management of IT projects, with a strong knowledge of project management principles and practices, and the capacity to effectively manage a large number of concurrent technology projects
- Excellent systems and business analysis skills
- Ability to analyze and translate business requirements
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems, develop a path toward problem solving, and manage projects to completion
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities
- Capacity to continually prioritize with quickly changing project plans
- Ability to problem solve and understand how a business process can be enhanced and improved coupled with the knowledge of choosing the most effective solution for a customer.
- Ability to work autonomously with initiative
- Ability to think critically, make decisions and work independently
- Ability and initiative to streamline and suggest improved processes
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Business, or equivalent experience in relevant field
- 5 years’ experience in managing IT projects with a strong knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Hands on experience in project management
- PMP or other relevant certifications
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Position is primarily at the Hamilton, OH office location. If business demands any travel, Management will review with the employee in advance.
- Full time position
- 40 hour work week (Monday – Friday only)
- Health, dental and supplementary insurance available on first day of the month after completing 60 calendar days of service.
- 401K enrollment with company match. Available on the first day of the month after completing 90 calendar days of service.
- Salary Exempt Status
ODW LTS is a third party logistics company with a focus on supply chain and transportation management. Our client base is diverse while our service offerings are broad and expanding. We work in partnership with ODW Logistics Inc., a privately held warehousing and fulfillment company with 5 million square feet of warehouse space throughout the United States. We are looking to strategically grow through addition of talented, engaging, energetic, analytical and aggressive individuals.
Since inception in 2009, LTS has been an extremely successful operation:
- 2013 Inc 500, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Inc 5000
- 2012 Fast 55 Category Winner of the $10M-$50M category of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Fast 55” Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Fast 55 Company
- NASTC’s “Best Broker Award”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 Finalist & 2015 Winner for Cincinnati’s “Best Places to Work”
- 2017, 2018 & 2020Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Places to Work
- 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Cincy Magazine / Ohio Business Magazine Best Workplaces
- 2018 & 2020 Deloitte Top 100 Cincinnati USA Winner
Our core competency and differentiator within the industry is offering visibility within the supply chain through customizable technology and high levels of electronic and interpersonal communication. In an outsourced supply chain environment, it is the people that are the asset to the best companies. At ODW, we take every measure to make sure that we train and encourage continuous improvement that will help raise the level of service to the customer.
We attribute our success largely to our ethics and values that we hold as a company:
- We do what we say we will
- We are clear, direct and honest
- We seek to understand and be understood
- We work hard towards a common goal
- We desire to make everyone successful
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We believe all people have significance and potential
- We understand work and life are integrated and we value both
- We strive to make an impact in the world around us
ODW LTS is a rapidly growing company striving to increase market share within the supply chain and logistics industry. Our goal is to add core members that will fit well within our culture, add new elements of diversity, and help continue the foundation of a profitable and sustainable company. Whether their strength be in sales, client relations, operations, or internal efficiencies, we are eager to bring in talented individuals who will ultimately grow to be industry leaders.
If interested, please send your resume to Paige Hufford (HR Generalist).
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, success profile characteristics or qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time