Lead Software Engineer
The Lead Software Engineer role is responsible for the direct oversight of applications and will be a key member of the development team. More specifically, the role will be responsible for directing the development and maintenance of web applications and functionality within our business-to-business portal, building applications and interfaces to our existing systems as well as creating and interfacing to customer and vendor APIs.
- Assist in the management, development and direction given to software development team members
- Oversee and contribute to the development of new applications and systems
- Oversee and contribute to the code review process ensuring quality and correctness of implementations
- Interface with IT project manager or business analyst and project champion to create needs analysis and project scope
- Coordinate with IT management on strategic software infrastructure decisions
- Assist in setting new software objectives and strategy
- Maintain existing applications and systems
- Design and implement innovative solutions to problems and needs presented by the business
- Promote and contribute to documentation and testing
- Ensure design and implementation of applications promotes a scalable and cohesive architecture capable of growing with the company
- Promote and practice of company values (Trust, Team, Opportunity & Respect) within team and company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (Related Field) or Equivalent Professional Experience (required)
- 3 + years’ experience of in software development in a leadership position
- Experience with Spring Framework/Spring Boot
- Experience with AngularJS/Angular 5
- Experience implementing and interfacing to REST/SOAP APIs; XML, XSDs, and JSON
- Experience with MySql or MSSQL
- Experience working with/using Git
- Gather requirements, design, and implement applications
Nice to Have
- Logistics and transportation experience
- Tomcat Experience
- Documentation Experience
- Experience with Golang
- Agile/Scrum Experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Position is primarily at the Hamilton, OH office location. If business demands any travel, Management will review with the employee in advance.
- Full time position
- 40 hour work week (Monday – Friday only)
- Health, dental and supplementary insurance available on first day of the month after date of hire.
- 401K enrollment with company match. Available on the first day of the month after completing 90 calendar days of service.
- Salary Exempt Status
ODW Logistics is a third party logistics company with a focus on supply chain and transportation management. Our client base is diverse while our service offerings are broad and expanding. We work in partnership with ODW Logistics Inc., a privately held warehousing and fulfillment company with 5 million square feet of warehouse space throughout the United States. We are looking to strategically grow through addition of talented, engaging, energetic, analytical and aggressive individuals.
Since inception in 2009, LTS has been an extremely successful operation:
- 2013 Inc 500
- 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Inc 5000
- 2012 Fast 55 Category Winner of the $10M-$50M category of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Fast 55” Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Fast 55 Company
- NASTC’s “Best Broker Award”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 Finalist & 2015 Winner for Cincinnati’s “Best Places to Work”
- 2017, 2018, 2020 & 2021 Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Places to Work
- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Cincy Magazine / Ohio Business Magazine Best Workplaces
- 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Deloitte Top 100 Cincinnati USA Winner
Our core competency and differentiator within the industry is offering visibility within the supply chain through customized technology and high levels of electronic and interpersonal communication. In an outsourced supply chain environment, it is the people that are the asset to the best companies. At ODW, we take every measure to make sure that we train and encourage continuous improvement that will help raise the level of service to the customer.
We attribute our success largely to our ethics and values that we hold as a company:
- We do what we say we will
- We are clear, direct and honest
- We seek to understand and be understood
- We work hard towards a common goal
- We desire to make everyone successful
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We believe all people have significance and potential
- We understand work and life are integrated and we value both
- We strive to make an impact in the world around us
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We cannot control events, but we can control our responses
- We build respect through honesty, fairness, and integrity
ODW is a rapidly growing company striving to increase market share within the supply chain and logistics industry. Our goal is to add core members that will fit well within our culture, add new elements of diversity, and help continue the foundation of a profitable and sustainable company. Whether their strength be in sales, client relations, operations, or internal efficiencies, we are eager to bring in talented individuals who will ultimately grow to be industry leaders.
If interested, please send your resume to ODW LTS HR Department.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, success profile characteristics or qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.