Manager of Infrastructure
The Manager of Infrastructure will manage our support desk team as well as our infrastructure team. They will work in a team environment to ensure we are providing quality technical services to internal and external users.
- Build infrastructure strategy in collaboration with business
- Manage staff and network services
- Management of cloud-based resources/vendor
- Responsible for the overseeing of the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers and virtualization.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning and system performance
- Ensure regular backups operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery and failover procedures.
- Managing Support Desk Team
- Ensuring Customer Service is timely, accurate and professional (with all tickets)
- Ensure documentation of incidents for future reference is sufficient
- Train, Coach and Mentor Support Analysts/Engineers
- Report KPI's to management on an adhoc and monthly basis (Response time, resolution time, etc)
- Ensure Support Desk has all the resources it needs to be successful (grow knowledge base, personnel, etc)
- Assist in ticket troubleshooting as needed
- Ensure all support hours are covered including any afterhours requests/projects as needed
Skills and Specifications
- A thorough understanding of the strategic vision for the support desk and network infrastructure and the ability to set the long-term direction of the team.
- An ability to balance and plan the short-term actions of the team.
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant industry standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for support and infrastructure management.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- An ability to market and promote the service desk and to advocate for necessary resources, support, and appreciation for the support desk.
- The ability to manage time effectively while setting the tone of the team through modeling and leadership.
- Keep team aware of company goals, new events, etc
- Manage team members’ workloads
- Responsible for growth, maturity, encouragement and teaching of team members
- Delegation to team members to promote their professional growth and exposure
- Promote and practice of company values (Trust, Team, Opportunity & Respect) within team and company
- Approachability with team members and other staff
- Composure in conflict management situations with customers and team members
Educational and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT related field (preferred)
- 3-5 years of Helpdesk experience (preferred)
- 5-7 years managing in team environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Position is primarily at the Hamilton, OH office location. If business demands any travel, Management will review with the employee in advance.
- Full time position
- 40 hour work week (Monday – Friday only)
- Health, dental and supplementary insurance available after 60-day probationary period
- 401K enrollment with company match. Available after one year anniversary
- Salary Exempt Status
ODW LTS is a third party logistics company with a focus on supply chain and transportation management. Our client base is diverse while our service offerings are broad and expanding. We work in partnership with ODW Logistics Inc., a privately held warehousing and fulfillment company with 5 million square feet of warehouse space throughout the United States. We are looking to strategically grow through addition of talented, engaging, energetic, analytical and aggressive individuals.
Since inception in 2009, LTS has been an extremely successful operation:
- 2013 Inc 500, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Inc 5000
- 2012 Fast 55 Category Winner of the $10M-$50M category of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Fast 55” Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Fast 55 Company
- NASTC’s “Best Broker Award”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 Finalist & 2015 Winner for Cincinnati’s “Best Places to Work”
- 2017, 2018 & 2020 Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Places to Work
- 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Cincy Magazine / Ohio Business Magazine Best Workplaces
- 2018 & 2020 Deloitte Top 100 Cincinnati USA Winner
Our core competency and differentiator within the industry is offering visibility within the supply chain through customized technology and high levels of electronic and interpersonal communication. In an outsourced supply chain environment, it is the people that are the asset to the best companies. At ODW, we take every measure to make sure that we train and encourage continuous improvement that will help raise the level of service to the customer.
We attribute our success largely to our ethics and values that we hold as a company:
- We do what we say we will
- We are clear, direct and honest
- We seek to understand and be understood
- We work hard towards a common goal
- We desire to make everyone successful
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We believe all people have significance and potential
- We understand work and life are integrated and we value both
- We strive to make an impact in the world around us
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We cannot control events, but we can control our responses
- We build respect through honesty, fairness, and integrity
ODW is a rapidly growing company striving to increase market share within the supply chain and logistics industry. Our goal is to add core members that will fit well within our culture, add new elements of diversity, and help continue the foundation of a profitable and sustainable company. Whether their strength be in sales, client relations, operations, or internal efficiencies, we are eager to bring in talented individuals who will ultimately grow to be industry leaders.
If interested, please send your resume to ODW LTS HR Department.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, success profile characteristics or qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.