Operations Manager (2nd Shift)
ODW Logistics has been a leader in Logistics for over 50 years. The company doubled in size and revenue in the last 5 years and looking to expand. ODW Logistics has strong company values of Respect-Trust-Team-Opportunity.
We are a passionate group of team members who are dedicated to the growth of our company and living out our core values. Our commitment is providing a safe and rewarding work environment with career advancement opportunities, that includes you.
ODW Logistics has strong company values of Respect-Trust-Team-Opportunity. We are a passionate group of team members who are dedicated to the growth of our company and living out our core values. Our commitment is providing a safe and rewarding work environment with career advancement opportunities, that includes you.
2nd shift Operations Manager Duties:
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and reports safety questions/concerns.
- Promotes safety as a business value vs. business priority, through training, focusing, and informing others about company safety practices and procedures.
- Protects the accuracy, integrity, and salability of our client's inventory entrusted to us, through the adherence to standard operating procedures and meeting physical inventory and/or cycle count accuracy expectations.
- Supervises and coordinates unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Directs appropriate warehousing team.
- Runs all necessary reports to determine effective action to maximize building capacity.
- Operates material handling equipment to load and unload materials and move materials within the warehouse to pick orders and put product away.
- Completes all required documentation on inbound and outbound documents.
- Verifies driver paperwork, ensuring that all products are properly counted.
- Maintains customer contact.
- Ensures inbound and outbound shipments remains accurate and free of damage.
- Ensures the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Reads and understands general instructions and prepares written reports.
- Understands and uses company’s warehouse management system, and our time keeping system.
- Creates and uses metrics to manage operations.
- Works in conjunction with department Manager to ensure assigned operation runs safely and efficiently.
- Aids in the development of operational improvements and enhancements.
- Handles all products according to customer and employer procedures.
- Completes a weekly walk around report, and maintains a clean working environment.
- Communicates changes in extraordinary handling procedures to office personnel. Completes warehouse worksheet.
- Complies with all other procedures outlined in the Operations & Procedure Manual.
- Communicates effectively with Transportation, Warehouse, Management, Co-workers, and Customers.
Required Experience and Education:
- 4 year College Degree in Logistics or Business. (Required)
- Previous experience as a 3PL Operations manager.
- Computer applications, (Microsoft Office applications, AS400) data entry, and web-based applications experience.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Workweeks in excess of 40 hours may exist periodically through the year.
- Occasional weekend work.
- Must be able to assume leadership role in a fast paced, team oriented environment dedicated to delighting the customer and achievement of safety, quality and productivity goals in a time sensitive environment.
Why ODW Logistics?
- Competitive benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Career advancement
- Recognition Awards
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Matching 401k
- Gym Reimbursement
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Company Discounts Program
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer