Operations Specialist -2nd shift
The Operations Specialist directs the logistics efforts of the distribution center and assists with loading and unloading product in the warehouse, and performing other material handling operations as needed.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Promotes the organizational values of Trust Team Opportunity and the operating philosophy of Safety Customers Operations People Execution.
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and reports safety questions/concerns.
- Promotes safety as a business value vs. business priority, through training, focusing, and informing others about company safety practices and procedures.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Supports site quality management system.
- Protects the accuracy, integrity, and salability of our client's inventory entrusted to us, through the adherence to standard operating procedures and meeting physical inventory and/or cycle count accuracy expectations.
- Directs appropriate warehousing team.
- Completes all required documentation on inbound and outbound documents.
- Reads and understands general instructions and prepares written reports.
- Understands and uses company’s warehouse management system, and our time keeping system.
- Handles all products according to customer and employer procedures.
- Communicates changes in extraordinary handling procedures to office personnel. Completes warehouse worksheet.
- Communicates and advises Supervisor of operational issues that may involve other departments.
- Understands company goals and works to create an environment for success.
- Supports company safety, quality, and productivity initiatives.
- Interacts with various levels of local management concerning daily activities.
- Complies with all other procedures outlined in the Operations & Procedure Manual.
- Communicates effectively with Transportation, Warehouse, Management, Co-workers, and Customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years of Forklift experience.
- Must be able to excel in a team oriented environment and be comfortable leading teams to achieve safety, productivity and quality goals.
- Must be "hands on", able to handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Microsoft Office suite experience.
- Warehouse Management System experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- General office working conditions.
- Physical conditions: Frequent walking: Even/Uneven Surfaces
- Environment: Extreme temperature outside (hot /cold); Internal: temperature controlled environment
- Work includes using material handling equipment that must be operated according to specific operating procedures.
- Workweeks in excess of 40 hours may exist periodically through the year.
- Occasional weekend work.
- Must be able to assume leadership role in a fast paced, team oriented environment dedicated to delighting the customer and achievement of safety, quality and productivity goals in a time sensitive environment.