ODW Logistics is a Nationwide Top 50 Third Party Logistics Provider is Now Hiring for Warehouse Supervisor. ODW Logistics has doubled in size, in the last five years. ODW Logistics has strong company values of Respect-Trust-Team-Opportunity.
The Operations Supervisor has general accountability to coordinate and supervise the daily activities of the warehouse. The Supervisor assigns associates to the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages multiple associates in multi-faceted environment which includes activities such as inbound, stocking, picking, packing, inventory, shipping, and return processing. The Operations Supervisor manages a team by performing the duties below:
- Manages daily work load and assigns productivity goals based on customer’s demands.
- Directs the operations and workloads to the associates team and holds associates accountable to productivity standards.
- Ensure safety, accuracy, and production objectives are met.
- Facilitates daily start up meetings to direct productivity goals and safety initiatives.
- Train, coach, engage, and develop associates on efficient work methods aimed at improving the safety, security, accuracy, productivity, and profitability of the operation.
- Utilizes effective strategies and communication techniques for conflict management. Exercises conflict resolution to prevent, minimize and resolve problems to build constructive relationships. Recommends solutions to specific individual issues.
- Interview, hire and/or promote, onboard and train associates. The Supervisor will develop a training checklist to create a positive and successful onboarding experience.
- Delivers appropriate and consistent verbal and written warnings in a clear, concise manner while adhering to company policies.
- Completes timely performance reviews while documenting measurable goals and objectives.
- Advocates and supports corporate training programs for direct reports to prepare team members for career path progression opportunities.
- Processes and approves daily schedules and weekly time cards for payroll processing.
- Manages a collaborative team environment through encouragement and positive attitude.
- Ensure all associates follow policies and work rules including safety work rules.
- Work on continuous improvement to raise the efficiency and quality of your work.
- Knowledge of contractual requirements regarding execution of services and Key Performance Metrics detailing the measurement of our performance.
- Assist with the development and execution of all processes and procedures involved in assigned operations.
- Perform special projects related to process, quality, and service improvements, cost reductions, and/or generating other efficiencies as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, other majors will be considered.(required)
- 2 years min. Supervisor experience in a 3PL or Logistics operational environment is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, teammates, and prospective customers.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Strong project management and analytical abilities coupled with superior team building skills. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Operational planning experience including budgets, manning, equipment, and facilities.
- Experience with Lean distribution techniques preferred.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems.
- Competitive benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Career advancement
- Recognition Awards
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Matching 401k
- Gym Reimbursement
- Company Discount Program
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.