ODW Logistics has been a leader in Logistics for over 50 years. The company doubled in size and revenue in the last 5 years and looking to expand. ODW Logistics has strong company values of Respect-Trust-Team-Opportunity.
We are a passionate group of team members who are dedicated to the growth of our company and living out our core values. Our commitment is providing a safe and rewarding work environment with career advancement opportunities, that includes you.
The Quality Coordinator is responsible for ensuring Quality System and Operational processes are documented and implemented in collaboration with the operational management team. This position will provide support to the Operations Team for Quality System and Certification requirements. The Quality Coordinator I will act as a backup for the Quality Manager as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and continually improve overall quality management system at the site.
- Audit site for compliance with all applicable internal and external regulatory standards (i.e. FDA, AIB, Food Safety/Food Defense, HACCP/HARPC, QSR/GMP, Process Compliance, etc.).
- Customer point of contact at the site level for quality-related issues/initiatives as needed.
- Track, monitor and report Quality metrics for the site.
Documentation / Training
- Provide support to create and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/Work Instructions (WI) and other Quality System documents in accordance with document control procedures, and in conjunction with process owners.
- Support and oversight of client Quality requirements and documentation.
- Perform process audits to ensure accuracy of site-specific documentation.
- Create and use process flows to build site-specific work instructions.
- Enforce company policy on documentation and control systems.
- Support the implementation of new processes and documentation by:
- Ensuring site leadership has access to current process documentation for training.
- Monitor site training performed and ensure training timelines are met.
- Provide HQMS (Harrington Quality Management System) Training to personnel as needed for creation and access to procedures and training documents.
- Provide one-on-one and group training for GMP, Food Safety and other Quality processes, as necessary
Non-Conformance / CAPA
- Oversight of the Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) process, including review of actions taken, effectiveness verification and closure. Provide support to the Operations Team on the CAPA investigation process and associated documentation.
- Provide hands on problem resolution assistance to ensure compliance in a timely manner.
- Monitor CAPAs and follow up with operations management team to ensure deadlines are met and solutions are effective.
- Monitor customer and internal complaints for trends.
- Partner with next level Quality Management to develop, distribute and maintain quality metric reporting as needed.
- Partner with site operations management team to advise on quality-related issues/initiatives as needed (i.e. problem solving, identification and escalation of significant quality issues).
- Partner with site operations management to monitor applicable site certification requirements and expectations.
- Partner with appropriate customer contact to ensure site is aligned with customer quality goals requirements.
- Monitor procedure and document review/revision dates and provide reporting to management on status.
Education and Experience
- 1-3 yrs. quality experience in a distribution center (preferred) or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in documentation control and management. Previous Quality Systems or Food Safety Certification experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Ability to drive change.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, both in one on one situations, as well as large groups. Includes verbal and written communication.
- Ability to train associates on Quality System topics.
- Ability to provide support to develop, implement, and train toward performance excellence.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Experience with multi-shift operations.
- Demonstrates a passion for quality and continuous improvement processes. Relentless in ensuring compliance.
- Ability to “stay ahead of the curve” by identifying new and innovative ways to improve processes. Ability to engage associates at all levels to identify improvements.
- Must be "hands on", able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines, while maintaining high visibility in operations.
- Flexible working hours to involve all shifts.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- General office and warehouse (internal & external) working conditions.
- Physical conditions: Frequent walking: Even/Uneven Surfaces. (Potentially several miles per day.)
- Environment: Extreme temperature outside (hot /cold); Internal: temperature controlled environment
ODW Logistics is an equal opportunity employer.