Senior Network Engineer
The role of Senior Network Engineer is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked hardware, software and associated operating systems.
The Senior Network Engineer will mentor other infrastructure engineers and apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems/infrastructure investments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides leadership and direction in deploying and maintaining infrastructure systems.
- Architect, supervise and participate in the implementation of technologies and platforms supporting corporate network, server, application, and voice infrastructure.
- Ensure high availability of infrastructure systems that support internal employee business functions and external customer contact.
- Work with IT leadership, executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, standard processes, and service records.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science\Software Engineering
- 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Proven experience with systems planning, implementation, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Extensive technical knowledge of standard networking concepts including Meraki, Cisco, VOIP
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including VMWare, Windows Server, Linux, SQL, Exchange, Solarwinds or similar monitoring software.
- Knowledge of standard ITIL processes
- Competitive benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Career advancement
- Recognition Awards
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Matching 401k
- Gym Reimbursement
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.