We are a high performing, technology forward team, focused on solving engaging problems and delivering value and efficiencies to our customers’ supply chain. This role will be a key member of the development team and will serve as a core contributor to our customer portal and related business systems. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining web applications as well as contributing to various team initiatives.
- Implement solutions that are efficient, effective and coherent to the existing architecture and design
- Work within a pre-existing code base to maintain and develop new features in existing applications
- Develop solutions in Java following design patterns and paradigms of existing projects
- Implement scalable object-oriented designs
- Develop and maintain Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc...)
- Develop responsive web UIs with a strong sense of design and consistency
- Work and communicate effectively in a fast paced, demand driven environment
- Promote and practice of company values (Trust, Team & Opportunities) within team and company
- Degree in Computer Science (Related Field) or Equivalent Professional Experience
- Experience developing web applications with Spring Boot, Angular
- Experience implementing and integrating to web services (i.e. REST/SOAP)
- Strong background in SQL Development on MSSQL, MySQL or other relational database platforms
- Experience using Git or other version control systems
Nice to Have
- Logistics and transportation experience
- Experience in writing technical documentation
- Experience with Golang
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Full time position
- 40 hour work week with flexible schedule (Monday – Friday only)
- Casual Dress Code
- Health, dental and supplementary insurance available on first day of the month after date of hire.
- 401K enrollment with company match. Available on the first day of the month after completing 90 calendar days of service.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to handle or feel as well as reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Position is primarily at the Hamilton, OH office location. If business demands any travel, Management will review with the employee in advance.
ODW Logistics is a third party logistics company with a focus on supply chain and transportation management. Our client base is diverse while our service offerings are broad and expanding. We work in partnership with ODW Logistics Inc., a privately held warehousing and fulfillment company with 5 million square feet of warehouse space throughout the United States. We are looking to strategically grow through addition of talented, engaging, energetic, analytical and aggressive individuals.
Since inception in 2009, LTS has been an extremely successful operation:
- 2013 Inc 500
- 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Inc 5000
- 2012 Fast 55 Category Winner of the $10M-$50M category of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Fast 55” Award
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Fast 55 Company
- NASTC’s “Best Broker Award”
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 Finalist & 2015 Winner for Cincinnati’s “Best Places to Work”
- 2017, 2018, 2020 & 2021 Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Places to Work
- 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Cincy Magazine / Ohio Business Magazine Best Workplaces
- 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Deloitte Top 100 Cincinnati USA Winner
Our core competency and differentiator within the industry is offering visibility within the supply chain through customized technology and high levels of electronic and interpersonal communication. In an outsourced supply chain environment, it is the people that are the asset to the best companies. At ODW, we take every measure to make sure that we train and encourage continuous improvement that will help raise the level of service to the customer.
We attribute our success largely to our ethics and values that we hold as a company:
- We do what we say we will
- We are clear, direct and honest
- We seek to understand and be understood
- We work hard towards a common goal
- We desire to make everyone successful
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We believe all people have significance and potential
- We understand work and life are integrated and we value both
- We strive to make an impact in the world around us
- We treat others as we want to be treated
- We cannot control events, but we can control our responses
- We build respect through honesty, fairness, and integrity
ODW is a rapidly growing company striving to increase market share within the supply chain and logistics industry. Our goal is to add core members that will fit well within our culture, add new elements of diversity, and help continue the foundation of a profitable and sustainable company. Whether their strength be in sales, client relations, operations, or internal efficiencies, we are eager to bring in talented individuals who will ultimately grow to be industry leaders.
If interested, please send your resume to ODW LTS HR Department.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, success profile characteristics or qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.