Transportation Safety and Compliance Coordinator
Dist-Trans Co. is Now Hiring for a Transportation Safety and Compliance Coordinator.
Dist-Tran Co. is the asset based Fleet for ODW Logistics.
ODW Logistics is a Top 50 Nationwide Third Party Logistics Provider. ODW Logistics is a passionate group of team members who are committed to the growth of of our company while living our values of Respect-Trust-Team-Opportunity at work, home, and in our community.
The Transportation Safety and Compliance Coordinator will provide technical expertise
to the Dist-Trans operation. This position will touch every aspect of the operation and
will be responsible for ensuring the company is in compliance with all Federal and State
transportation laws as well as providing metrics to prove the compliance. In addition,
this position will be intimately involved in the hiring, training, and continued development
of our driving force.
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and addresses safety
- Responsible for registration, insurance compliance, and permits for all company
- Maintain internal database with current driver status, license information, and
- DOT compliance information.
- Develop, execute, and maintain effective driver safety training programs in
- compliance with OSHA, FMCSR and company safety policies, including proper
- usage of the ELD system (Samsara).
- Schedule and conduct regular ride-along sessions to ensure driver compliance,
- and positive safety habits, and identify challenges/trends.
- Maintain driver and fleet scorecards to track overall safety and compliance
- Ensure drivers remain compliant with annual physicals, drug/alcohol screenings,
- and driver license renewals in accordance with all state, federal and local laws.
- Report non-compliant drivers or incidents to Safety Manager for corrective
- Investigate and track all accidents to meet both company and FMCSA/DOT
- requirements, including post-accident drug/alcohol testing and remedial training.
- High School Diploma, GED or at least 4 year of relevant experience.
- Skills and Background
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License highly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of the FMSCA and CSA 2010 rules and regulations
- Strong analytical and organization abilities Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- DOT regulation/ Hours of Service understanding.
Benefits for Transportation Safety and Compliance Coordinator:
- Competitive Pay.
- Career Advancement.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Company Matching 401k.
- Safety Bonus.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays.
- Gym reimbursement.
- Company assistance fund for employees.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer