ODW Logistics has been a leader in Logistics for over 50 years. The company doubled in size and revenue in the last 5 years and looking to expand. ODW Logistics has strong company values of Respect-Trust-Team-Opportunity.
We are a passionate group of team members who are dedicated to the growth of our company and living out our core values. Our commitment is providing a safe and rewarding work environment with career advancement opportunities, that includes you.
ODW Logistics has strong company values of Respect-Trust-Team-Opportunity. We are a passionate group of team members who are dedicated to the growth of our company and living out our core values. Our commitment is providing a safe and rewarding work environment with career advancement opportunities, that includes you.
The Transportation Supervisor position for 1st shift will perform the dispatching and supervisory functions for all drivers in a multi-function operation. In this role, a successful candidate must be able to balance multiple priorities including, but not limited to: customer service, driver management, dispatch, order entry and problem resolution. A person successful in this role may earn promotions and new opportunities within the company via our career development and succession planning processes.
- Promotes the organizational values of Respect, Trust ,Team ,Opportunity and the operating philosophy of Safety Customers Operations People Execution (SCOPE).
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and reports safety questions/concerns.
- Promotes safety as a business value vs. business priority, through training, focusing, and informing others about company safety practices and procedures.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Supports site quality management system.
- Performs driver scheduling, dispatching and load planning duties for company local, city and spotting drivers.
- Acts as the front line supervisor for operational and customer service problem resolution reporting.
- Protects the accuracy, integrity, and salability of Dist-Trans Co. while abiding by standard operating procedures.
- Provides weekly key performance metrics to management.
- Works with customers directly on load tender acceptance and load coverage.)
- Completes all order entry for daily dispatch.
- Assist in the management of the driving force and assets.
- Assists the Operations Manager on various tasks as needed.
- Maintains a positive rapport with Drivers, Customers and internal management.
- Attends customer meetings to review metrics and operations when required.
- Ability to work the hours necessary to cover operations and maintain a high level of customer service.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Logistics or Supply Chain or another comparable degree. (Preferred)
- 3 years or more of relevant experience, without a degree will be considered.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel is required.
- Experience operating within the TMS Suites and Samsara, or similar systems, is highly preferred.
- Prior experience managing a local fleet team is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, teammates, and prospective customers.
- Class A CDL a plus.
- Ability to multitask, provide root cause analysis and make sound operational decisions.
- Excellent time management skills and prior experience with project management.
- Prior experience supervising or managing people is a plus.
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Matching 401k, paid holidays and vacation