The Operations Lead directs the logistics efforts of the distribution center and assists with loading and unloading product in the warehouse, and performing other material handling operations as needed.
- Promotes the organizational values of Trust, Team and Opportunity (TTO) and the operating philosophy of Safety Customers Operations People Execution (SCOPE).
- Promotes safety as a business value vs. business priority, through training, focusing, and informing others about company safety practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and report safety questions/concerns.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Supports site quality management system.
- Protects the accuracy, integrity, and salability of our client's inventory entrusted to us, through the adherence to standard operating procedures and meeting physical inventory and/or cycle count accuracy expectations.
- Directs appropriate warehousing team.
- Runs all necessary reports to determine effective action to maximize building capacity.
- Completes all required documentation on inbound and outbound documents.
- Reads and understands general instructions and prepare written reports.
- Understands and uses company’s warehouse management system, and our time keeping system.
- Handles all products according to customer and employer procedures.
- Communicates changes in extraordinary handling procedures to office personnel. Completes warehouse worksheet.
- Communicates and advises Supervisor of operational issues that may involve other departments.
- Understands company goals and works to create an environment for success.
- Supports company safety, quality, and productivity initiatives.
- Interacts with various levels of local management concerning daily activities.
- Complies with all other procedures outlined in the Operations & Procedure Manual.
- Communicates effectively with Transportation, Warehouse, Management, Co-workers, and Customers.
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Supervisors and Managers.
Required Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of Forklift experience.
- 3 years of Warehouse Lead experience.
- Warehouse Management System experience.
- Must be able to excel in a team oriented environment and be comfortable leading teams to achieve safety, productivity and quality goals.
- Must be "hands on", able to handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K