Warehouse Operations Manager
ODW Logistics is a top 50 Family owned Logistic provider since 1971. Our Values at ODW Logistics our Trust,Team and Opportunity. We are now hiring for Warehouse Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager leads one or more large volume operation(s), which may serve a multi-disciplined customer base or multi-facility operations. Responsibilities include safety, customer relations, operational oversight, business metrics, staff development, business development support, and P & L. This position leads teams in continuous improvement projects, as well as having heavy involvement with customer relationships and the business development process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Authorizes and monitors operational expenditures.
- Applies sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and disciplining subordinates in accordance with employment law.
- Maintains a continuous professional and courteous relationship with all customers.
- Ensures the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Reads and understands general instructions and prepare written reports.
- Conducts start-up teams, project teams and training.
- Understands and uses company’s warehouse management system.
- Handles all products according to customer and employer procedures.
- Completes a weekly walk around report, and maintain a clean working environment.
- Communicates changes in extraordinary handling procedures to office personnel. Complete warehouse worksheet.
- Delights and responds to customer inquiries and serves as the point of contact for customer relations.
- Ensures effective procedures are documented and in place for all aspects of the operation.
- Creates, coordinates, and reports on business metrics (KPI’s) that apply to the operation and fulfills customer and internal requirements.
- Assists in the business development process in RFQ responses, including solution concepts and design.
- Manages, coordinates, and implements cost effective operational solutions to continuously improve efficiency and enhance service levels and quality.
- Lead and drive corporate culture and initiatives through hands-on interactions with all associates.
- Review current material handling methods and support operational reviews of enhancements.
- Maximizes productivity, quality, and service throughout operations by utilizing best practice techniques in the areas of facilities layout, methods, material handling concepts, technological enhancements, and measurements.
- Provide Senior Management with information and recommendations to make effective decisions regarding the optimum utilization of people, materials, equipment, and facilities.
- Leading and assisting in all types of account projects, including start-ups, transfers, and improvements.
- Coordinates best practices and implement system-wide.
- Creates, coordinates, monitors, and measures business plan objectives vs. actual results and reports to Senior Management and/or clients as required.
- Leads and implements technology enhancements as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 5 years of management/supervisory experience, preferably in a large, high volume environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related operations discipline.
- Must be able to assume leadership role in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Must be hands on and have previous experience with staff development, facility layout, and inventory management.
- Must be able to learn software programs quickly, with previous RF experience.
- AIB, FDA,ODA experience a plus.
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with superior team building skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Experience with multi-shift operations.
- Must possess a high energy level and the drive to implement change.
- Prior planning experience including budgets, manning, equipment, and facilities.
- Prior P & L responsibility for a large operation.
- Ability to coordinate best practices and implement system-wide.
- Must practice confidentiality as required.
- People Focused: Recognize that having great people is the ultimate competitive advantage.
- Customer Driven: Deliver the optimal customer experience (internal and external).
- Business Acumen: Learn and apply position expertise and industry knowledge.
- Results Driven: Show personal desire, energy and focus to succeed against high standards.
- Innovative: Think differently and be innovative for better business results.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Matching 401k Salary and Bonus