ODW Logistics is a top 50 Family owned Logistic provider since 1971. Our Values at ODW Logistics our Trust,Team and Opportunity. We are now hiring for 1st shift Warehouse Supervisor.
- Promotes the organizational values of TT0 Trust, Team and Opportunity and the operating philosophy of SCOPE.
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and reports safety questions/concerns.
- Promotes safety as a business value vs. business priority, through training, focusing, and informing others about company safety practices and procedures.
- Protects the accuracy, integrity, and salability of our client's inventory entrusted to us, through the adherence to standard operating procedures and meeting physical inventory and/or cycle count accuracy expectations.
- Supervises and coordinates unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Directs appropriate warehousing team.
- Runs all necessary reports to determine effective action to maximize building capacity.
- Operates material handling equipment to load and unload materials and move materials within the warehouse to pick orders and put product away.
- Completes all required documentation on inbound and outbound documents.
- Verifies driver paperwork, ensuring that all products are properly counted.
- Maintains customer contact.
- Ensures inbound and outbound shipments remains accurate and free of damage.
- Ensures the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Reads and understands general instructions and prepares written reports.
- Understands and uses company’s warehouse management system, and our time keeping system.
- Creates and uses metrics to manage operations.
- Works in conjunction with department Manager to ensure assigned operation runs safely and efficiently.
- Aids in the development of operational improvements and enhancements.
- Handles all products according to customer and employer procedures.
- Completes a weekly walk around report, and maintains a clean working environment.
- Communicates changes in extraordinary handling procedures to office personnel. Completes warehouse worksheet.
- Complies with all other procedures outlined in the Operations & Procedure Manual.
- Communicates effectively with Transportation, Warehouse, Management, Co-workers, and Customers.
Required Experience and Education:
- 4 year College Degree in Logistics or Business. (Required)
- Computer applications, (Microsoft Office applications, AS400) data entry, and web-based applications experience.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Workweeks in excess of 40 hours may exist periodically through the year.
- Occasional weekend work.
- Must be able to assume leadership role in a fast paced, team oriented environment dedicated to delighting the customer and achievement of safety, quality and productivity goals in a time sensitive environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Matching 401k