Warehouse Supervisor ( 1st shift)
ODW Logistics is now hiring for 1st shift Warehouse Supervisors. The Supervisor assigns associates to the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
- Manages multiple associates in multi-faceted environment which includes activities such as inbound, stocking, picking, packing, inventory, shipping, and return processing. The Operations Supervisor manages a team by performing the duties below:
- Manages daily work load and assigns productivity goals based on customer’s demands.
- Directs the operations and workloads to the associates team and holds associates accountable to productivity standards.
- Ensure safety, accuracy, and production objectives are met.
- Facilitates daily start up meetings to direct productivity goals and safety initiatives.
- Train, coach, engage, and develop associates on efficient work methods aimed at improving the safety, security, accuracy, productivity, and profitability of the operation.
- Utilizes effective strategies and communication techniques for conflict management. Exercises conflict resolution to prevent, minimize and resolve problems to build constructive relationships. Recommends solutions to specific individual issues.
- Interview, hire and/or promote, onboard and train associates. The Supervisor will develop a training checklist to create a positive and successful onboarding experience.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, other majors will be considered.
- 1 to 3 years of Supervisory experience in a 3PL or Logistics operational environment is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Strong project management and analytical abilities coupled with superior team building skills.
- Operational planning experience including budgets, manning, equipment, and facilities.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Matching 401k, paid holidays and vacations