Freight Consolidation Strategy Delivers Substantial Decrease in LTL Rates
1. Less than Truckload (LTL) rates increased 31% with previous 3PL provider over 6 month period (June 2017 - Nov 2018) *
2. SOLUT! was seeking a supply chain partner capable of scaling with their growth and delivering innovative solutions to combat rising transportation costs.
Step 1: RATE NEGOTIATION
ODW Logistics negotiated new LTL rates for SOLUT! through its network of +13,000 carriers.
Step 2: FREIGHT OPTIMIZATION
Using 3Gtms®, ODW built a freight optimization framework specific to SOLUT! which consolidated their LTL orders into multi-stop full truckload orders.
Step 3: MULTI-CONSOLIDATION
Adding additional efficiency, ODW implemented a multi-client consolidation solution that paired various client shipments together to add greater savings and retail compliance —> preventing a significant increase in freight spend.
The one thing we don’t have to worry about is when ODW Logistics leaves with a load from our facility. I know it will get there on time.
In 2005 DuraCorp, LLC was created with the bold vision to provide innovative, sustainable food packaging SOLUT!ons directly to the food handling and processing industry. Now SOLUT! is a worldwide leader in manufacturing innovative high quality disposable food service packaging.
- Founded in 2005 as DuraCorp, LLC
- Changed name to SOLUT! in 2008
- HQ in Lewis Center, OH
- Clients served: Panera Bread, Sam’s Club, Rich Products, Costco Wholesale, Rain Creek Baking and Whole Foods Market.