ODW Logistics operates 190,000 square feet between two facilities in Waukesha, Wisconsin for a global manufacturing company. This operation is a manufacturing support facility and processes 2,000 lines a day, transferred on 17 shuttles, and ships up to 800 lines a day to the end customer.
Manufacturing support logistics is a relationship a manufacturer creates with a third party with specialized experience to support specific parts of a company’s manufacturing process. It coordinates your inbound raw materials, vendor-managed inventory and sequencing, line-side assembly services, and delivery execution. This unique service offering is supported through our ability to reduce labor and improve efficiency, provide visibility through technology, and increase operational capabilities.
This operation offers manufacturing lineside support delivering approximately 12,000 SKUs to point of delivery on production lines, kitting production orders, quality and inventory control, and managing offsite overflow storage. For this client, we effectively manage 3 separate business units, deliver raw materials at a very high success rate to production lines within a 2 to 4-hour lead time, manage our clients approved carriers, and ship all finished goods to end customers globally.
Some of the features of the facility include:
- Inbound of raw materials
- Vendor managed inventory
- Sequencing and product staging
- Line-side assembly services
- Just-in-time and Lean logistics solutions
- Packaging, labeling, and delivery execution
Benefits of this operation include:
1. Reduced Labor and Improved Efficiency
- Off-set labor costs by moving inventory offsite. Improve efficiency through reduced handling and lower inventory carrying costs.
2. Visibility Through Technology
- Our Andon Visual Technology helps manufacturers see their operations in real-time. This sophisticated system streamlines line-side operations, reducing headache and increasing productivity, all while predicting need.
3. Increased Operational Efficiencies
- Completing assembly work and storing products off-site reduces the need for space within your own facility. The parts and sub-assemblies required in your operation are delivered as they are needed.
Here's a look at how this facility operates: